Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A tribute to my cosy corner room on the 19th floor


feel the need to quickly express my love for this room:

I love how lonely my room is; it craves for my company, this oddly shaped space tucked in a corner of the 19th floor

This is my sanctuary, this quiet, private, calm space, a bubble. It hears footsteps and occasional voices, but never the sight of human disturbance.

On lovely breezy afternoons i lie on the bed with the door wide open, and feel such gratitude for so much privacy i can enjoy in this cool open space.

Granted, there are times where i feel as lonely as the room and wish one of those footsteps would get louder instead of disappear - or perhaps, for a bag of surprise that would find its way on the door knob.

Well, people generally show up just to disappear in a while. This room finds one or two (rather) frequent and different visitors each semester - and becomes a bubble for two when light sleeps, drunk on darkness.

A door creaks open, but nothing is headed my way - no need for a squeezed smile or random utterances of noises. The fan spins steadily while i nurse my backache on this lovely afternoon with the phone and laptop tucked away.

How will i ever move out of here... Not to mention how wonderful a view it has of the town green, src, erc and burning flames from the oil refineries  TEMBUSU I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

(22/7, 3:30)

No comments: